PETZL REVERSO 4
Ultra-light (59 g) multi-purpose belay/rappel device that regulates the amount of braking friction on the rope according to its diameter and condition; Reverso mode. This multi-purpose belay/rappel device is ultra-light (59 g, 25 % lighter than the REVERSO 3) and intuitive to use. V-shaped friction channels with asymmetrical lateral grooves adapt the friction to the type of rope for better control (ARC technology: braking control for twin, half and single dynamic ropes). Reverso mode for belaying one or two seconds with assisted braking.
- Ultra-light design:
- minimalist construction
- hot-forged aluminum
- weight: 59 g
- A single device for all rope types:
- effective braking on half and twin ropes ≥ 7.5 mm
- effective braking on single ropes ≥ 8.9 mm
- can belay the leader, one or two seconding climbers and can be used for rappelling
- independent and simultaneous belaying of one or two seconding climbers in Reverso mode
- quick changeovers from Reverso mode to belaying the leader when climbing multi-pitch routes
- V-shaped friction channels:
- increased friction on thin ropes
- friction is adapted for larger diameter ropes
- increases the locking pressure on the ropes in Reverso mode
- Asymmetrically grooved sidewalls:
- increased braking power during a leader or top rope fall or while rappelling
- rope slides smoothly through device when taking up slack
- Carabiner hole allows the loaded device in Reverso mode to be easily and gradually released with only a carabiner
- Rope friendly, allows for smooth belaying and rope handling:
- will not kink the ropes regardless of the mode used
- separates the two strands of rope when belaying and rappelling
- Intuitive use:
- Reverso mode aluminum attachment point is easy to identify
- keeper cable keeps the device from moving up the rope when belaying and reduces chances of losing the device
- usage diagrams (standard belay and Reverso modes) engraved on device
- Use with symmetrical locking carabiners (Am’D or WILLIAM) to maximize efficiency
UNIVERSO is a complete and lightweight belay system that is particularly comfortable and efficient to use on all rope diameters. This system consists of a VERSO belay device, an ATTACHE 3D carabiner and an exclusive sliding connection piece.
The GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking capability is designed to facilitate belay maneuvers. The GRIGRI 2 works equally well for lead climbing and top-roping. It may be used on all single dynamic 8.9 to 11 mm ropes on the market (optimized for 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm ropes). Both compact and ultra-light, the GRIGRI 2 will accompany you on climbs around the world for many years. The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent.
The VERSO is a simplified version of the REVERSO. The asymmetrical V-shaped grooved friction channels adapt the friction for better control using our ARC (Adaptive Rope Control) technology.