UNIVERSO is a complete and lightweight belay system that is particularly comfortable and efficient to use on all rope diameters. This system consists of a VERSO belay device, an ATTACHE 3D carabiner and an exclusive sliding connection piece.
- Exclusive connection piece allows the VERSO belay device to remain in position and the ATTACHE 3D carabiner to work along its major axis
- Connection piece also limits the risk of dropping the belay device during rope maneuvers
- Easy and quick installation on the rope
- Reduced risk of being burnt by the belay device when removing it from the rope
- System is easily reversed (right/left)
- A single device for all rope types :
- effective braking on half and twin ropes ≥ 7.5 mm
- effective braking on single ropes ≥ 8.9 mmV-shaped friction channels :
- increased friction on thin ropes
- friction is adapted for larger diameter ropes
- Asymmetrically grooved sidewalls :
- increased braking power during a leader or top-rope fall or while rappelling
- rope slides smoothly through device when taking up slack
- Rope friendly, allows for smooth belaying and rope handling :
- does not twist the rope
- separates the two strands of rope when belaying and rappelling
Ultra-light (59 g) multi-purpose belay/rappel device that regulates the amount of braking friction on the rope according to its diameter and condition; Reverso mode. This multi-purpose belay/rappel device is ultra-light (59 g, 25 % lighter than the REVERSO 3) and intuitive to use. V-shaped friction channels with asymmetrical lateral grooves adapt the friction to the type of rope for better control (ARC technology: braking control for twin, half and single dynamic ropes). Reverso mode for belaying one or two seconds with assisted braking.
The GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking capability is designed to facilitate belay maneuvers. The GRIGRI 2 works equally well for lead climbing and top-roping. It may be used on all single dynamic 8.9 to 11 mm ropes on the market (optimized for 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm ropes). Both compact and ultra-light, the GRIGRI 2 will accompany you on climbs around the world for many years. The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent.
The VERSO is a simplified version of the REVERSO. The asymmetrical V-shaped grooved friction channels adapt the friction for better control using our ARC (Adaptive Rope Control) technology.