Rock climbing is one of few sports that teach responsibility through risk management, self-esteem through achievement and strength, both physically and mentally. It is also an ambidextrous sport which aids in the development of a child’s muscular system.
What is Team Inner Peaks? It’s a great opportunity for children 7-17 years of age to learn how to rock climb in a controlled and structured environment. Participants are coached in small groups according to their abilities and progress at their own pace. Whatever level they achieve, rock climbing is a great way to increase strength, improve self-esteem, and meet others who love to climb as much as they do. We provide team members opportunities for competition, outdoor climbing at regional areas and other various activities and events such as Bring-a-Friend Night. We teach everything from basic risk management skills to advanced competition climbing techniques, as well as indoor lead climbing.
Team Discovery is our introductory team designed to teach each child the climbing skills they’ll need to be successful and advance in our climbing program. Climbers will learn fundamental climbing skills through climbing drills and instruction. Discovery practice meets once a week for 1.5 hours, and like any sports team each climber must be able to follow instructions during practice to ensure safety.
- Practices are designed to instill good climbing habits while teaching new climbers about climbing movement on the wall
- Coaches use games, climbing drills, and positive reinforcement to facilitate learning
- Emphasis is to prepare climbers to move up in the program and begin competition climbing
- Climbers are expected to adhere to attendance policies & must have their own chalk bag
- Cost: $39 per month, membership required
- Thursdays 4:30pm-6pm
- Fridays 6:30pm-8pm
- Saturdays 10am-11:30am
- Mondays 4pm-5:30pm
- Tuesdays 4pm-5:30pm
*Availability and schedule subject to change. Contact Chloe@innerpeaks.com with interest. (Session hopping NOT allowed)
Elements I is for climbers who have a clear understanding of climbing movement and are ready to start competing at a local level. Each climber must know how to belay with an ATC and must pass an aged-based try out before joining Elements I. Practice is once a week for 2 hours.
- Practices are more structured than Discovery and includes strength training and more advanced technique drills
- Climbers are encouraged to participate in local climbing competitions.
- Climbers are expected to adhere to attendance policies & must have their own climbing shoes & harness
- Cost: $49 per month, membership required
Elements II is an invite-only team for advanced climbers who are interested in competing in Championship level events. Climbers will gain valuable competition experience are training to move up to Paragon, our elite climbing team. Elements II practice meets twice a week for 2 hours.
- Practice is designed to prepare climbers for the current competition season
- Personal gear & attendance is required
- Participants are required to compete
- $95 per month (two practices per week), membership required
TEAM ELEMENTS 1
- Wednesday 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday 4:00pm-6pm
TEAM ELEMENTS II
- Tuesday 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday 6:30pm-8:30pm
Team Paragon is our competitive climbing team. Membership is by tryouts or invitation only.
- Practice is twice a week, very structured, and the workouts are challenging. Attendance Required
- Membership in USA Climbing is required, and all Team Paragon members are required to attend at least two sanctioned local events per season.
- Ideal for Ages 10 & up
- Cost: $135 per month, membership required
- Monday 5pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday 6pm-8:30pm
- Thursday 6pm-8:30pm
- Friday 6pm-8:30pm
*Sessions dependent on division. Session hopping not allowed*
INTERESTED IN TEAM?
As a team member, you are eligible for special team member only events!
- Team Bring-A-Friend nights: We know climbing is cool, and Team members can share that coolness with friends! On announced weeks, you can bring a friend in with you to try team for free. They will be able to learn how to belay and climb with you.
- Team Outdoors: Inner Peaks Team Coaches will serve as the guides for a great day of outdoor top-roping and, location and time permitting, rappelling! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get outside in North Carolina!
- In-House Team Competitions: Fun competition with fellow team members. Seasonal parties, sanctioned competitions, and more….
*Session hopping not allowed.
JOIN A TEAM
To join a team, we require that all team members be Inner Peaks members. Why? The skills your child will learn are to be taken seriously. To solidify these skill takes practice, practice, practice. We strongly encourage you to climb often. As memberships include equipment rental, your child can come and climb anytime to work on his/her skills and technique. Simply complete the Membership Application process and the team registration form indicating which session works best for you. New team members must be registered seven working days prior to the first day of each month.
Would you like to get registered, ask questions or need additional information? Stop by, give us a call or send an email. We will be happy to answer any of your questions. Contact any Front Counter Staff or complete the Team Inquiry below.